Image Map

Crushing on :French Settees


Via
Hello people. Today's post is about a piece of furniture I have always been intrigued by, which has now turned into full blown lust.

I am talking about the French Settee. Since I just completed a history of furniture and architecture class, I though I could share just a little bit about what I learned about french settees before showing you some inspiration pictures.

The French Settee is furniture that was designed in the Rococo period, which falls in the 18th century. By the end of the 18th Century, the Neo Classical period came around and the French Settee was transitioned in features.

One major way to tell which period a French Settee is mimicking is to look at the legs of the Settee.  French Settee's influenced by the Rococo Period have legs that are curved, while those influenced by the Neo Classical period have legs that are straight.

Now enough of the technicalities. Lets get on to the pictures I am coveting.

Via

Via

         
Via
     
Via

Via

Via

I hope you like these pretty French Settee's as much as I do. Don't forget to comment and subscribe.


1 comment: